Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Back from the Climate Youth Network in Bruxelles off to Climate Camp near Drax

I arrived back in London late Sunday night from the Climate Youth Network meeting in Bruxelles that I attended for most of the weekend.

It was an interesting experiance for me and hopefully not without use for the campaign as a whole--I found out that there is going to be a small event happening in Serbia for Nov 4th so that 39 countries where things should be going on!

I`ll make a few more comments about this trip when I get the minutes of the meeting so I can talk with reference to names not vague descriptions.

Now for a change of tone, i`m off to Drax power station for some Direct Action! I hope to see some of you theire...peaceful direct action is a proportionate response to inaction by govornment on an issue that is of crucial global importance. I think the camp for climate action is going to be a facinating event. For more on the much maligned practice of peaceful direct action I suggest Monboit or perhaps Gandhi.

Monboit

"Non-violent direct action is a misnomer. It is not a direct attempt to
change the world through physical action, but a graphic and symbolic means of
drawing attention to neglected issues, capturing hearts and minds through
political theatre."

Climate Change Action

Home furl google deliciousdel.icio.usnetvouz newsvine diggDigg This!reddit spurl Technorati

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home