Saturday, May 10, 2008

Climate Camp Meeting in London: I nearly got arrested!

Just got a wireless signal in Greenpeace HQ, so i`m sharing my little bit of drama. The national climate camp meeting often attracts a good police presence and today is no exception. Probably about eight police officers outside, i found the building due to a police van going down the right street.

I`m helping with the welcome desk and also headed outside to lower the initimidation factor of a group of police officers with cameras and leaflets. Talk about criminalisation!

After about half an hour I walked in front of a camera a few times to stop some people getting photographed. This isn't illegal, if i`d used my hands to block the lens of the camera, that would be. However, this is an argument for court, I was cautioned and asked for my name and address. If I failed to give these I would be arrested for failing to provide details for a caution.

Basically, it would have been a joke at court, and may well not have got to that, however they would have detained me for 6 hours and got my details. Doomed by a system slanted in favour of the police I gave my details.  They may well find this site, i thught they already had, so hello police people, glad to see that there isn't any serious or menacing crime in London.


Climate Change Action

Home furl google deliciousdel.icio.usnetvouz newsvine diggDigg This!reddit spurl Technorati

Enter your Email

Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home