Wednesday, May 02, 2007

(George Monbiot) Heat: How to Stop the Planet Burning

In Heat: How to Stop the Planet Burning, George Monbiot shows how our carbon emissions can be reduced by 90% by 2030 - without bringing civilisation to an end. He shows how we can transform our houses, our power and our transport systems. But he also argues that this can happen only with a massive programme of action which no government has yet been prepared to take.

Part 1 of 4



Part 2 of 4



Part 3 of 4



Part 4 of 4


Labels: ,

Climate Change Action

Home furl google deliciousdel.icio.usnetvouz newsvine diggDigg This!reddit spurl Technorati

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

2 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great video clip! I hope a lot of people are moved by his passion and take his recommendations to heart. It's a great planet, it'd be a shame to lose it.
PS: My next car will be a fuel-sipper and not a gas-guzzler, and I also by offsets for my driving: check out www.drivegreener.com (they build projects, they don't just buy offsets on the CCX).
keep on truckin' (just watch that fuel gauge.

 
At 2:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Calvin,

Great blog. I have launched an environment campaign, if you're interested to check it out: www.1000greenlogos.com. I'm going after 1000 companies to introduce their environment plans for 2008. Please let me know your thoughts. And, if you think it's worthy of it, please help me spread the word. In return, I'll add your blog on my site. My e-mail is bloggers@1000greenlogos.com. Thanks
Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home