Game Plan by Jim Manzi : A Response
My response to Jim Manzi's Article can be downloaded from here.
My main problem with what Jim Writes is that it misrepresents the science as i see it. For example, the urgency can bee seen if we consider the background article bellow entitled 'dangeroud human-made interference with climate' where 450ppm co2e is considered to be dangerous...what does that mean? Well the UK govornments recent climate bill, with a headline 60% cut by 2050 is heading in the direction of 750-800ppm co2e according to the UK's to climate policy/science institute The Tyndall Centre! So this is not a small problem, and arguing against something as comprehensive as a cap and trade system it seems to me is the 'fall-back' position of climate skeptics.
1.Climate Change isn't real.
>Now we have observed data rather than projections.
2. Climate Change isn't cause by humans.
> Four IPCC reports later this is old hat.
3. Climate Change is caused by humans but it is good.
>Tell that to Katrina victims or people in Darfur.
4. Climate Change is caused by humans and it is bad but there is nothing we can do about it.
>Nicholas stern slaughtered this one.
5. The all new climate skeptics position: It is real, it is caused by us, it isn't good, we can do something about it BUT it's not that bad all these folks are alarmists!
- Stern Review on Economics of Climate Change
- Video--Ethical Dimensions of Climate Change (Rock Ethics Institute)
- Dangerous human-made interference with climate
- Avoiding Dangerous Climate Change (UK Climate Conference)
- Tyndall Centre on Climate Bill Implications
Home del.icio.us Digg This!